Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Join us in honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the commitment to social change.
Join us for brunch as we honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Our Theme, "Addressing the Other America: Striving Towards One Nation Centered on
Equity & Justice"
January 16, 2023 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Memorial Union, Ballroom
Martin Luther King Jr. Social Justice Award
The Martin Luther King Jr. Social Justice Award is given to individuals that actively demonstrate a commitment to social justice in the UND community. These are individuals that strive for social change, advocate for diverse students, faculty, and staff, and have made a significant impact on our community. Award recipients are selected by the Martin Luther King Jr. Planning Committee.
Week of Service Challenge
MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service. It is encouraged that people volunteer to improve their communities as a way to honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who lived his life serving others. Below are some things you can do to serve.
- Donate needed items to the Food for Thought Food Pantry
- Shovel snow for someone who could use some assistance
- Volunteer in your community
- Give to local organizations that support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Educate yourself on topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion to better serve people